Founded in 1983, Cygnus pioneered the digital multiple echo technique. The technique has long since been the industry standard for accurate measurement of material thickness.
Driven by the need for a hand-held device they successfully developed multiple echo digital thickness gauges which measure metal thickness through protective coatings in a reliable and repeatable way.
Cygnus 1 is a tough multiple echo Ultrasonic Thickness gauge designed for use by divers undertaking subsea surveys – the original underwater thickness gauge.
Cygnus DIVE is a wrist mounted instrument giving the diver one free hand. Its special features include:
- 300msw depth rated
- Wrist-mountable, giving the diver a free hand
- A-Scan (selectable)
- Data logging - stores 5,000 measurements and A-Scans - "Auto-Log” - no log button to press
- AMOLED display, easy viewing from all angles for diver and camera
- Multiple Echo, error- checked measurements through coatings up to 20 mm thick
- Single-Echo - for use on extreme corrosion, anchor chain links and some plastics
- MSI™ Measurement Stability Indicator - exclusive to Cygnus, confirms a stable reading in single echo mode
- HelmetView™ - optional remote display